From Puno: Uros Islands Tour

3 Reviews
Tours Culture & history Activities Good for groups Art Culinary & nightlife Reseller exclusions Nature & adventure Outdoor sports Sightseeing Tours Art & Museums Meet the Locals Nature & Panorama Cruises & boat tours Architecture tours History & heritage Food & drinks Ecotourism Group activities Family-friendly Medium-risk activities Hiking & trekking Hiking

Discover the secrets of one of the oldest cultures on the American continent, visiting the amazing Uros Islands, an incredible handmade floating town on Lake Titicaca.

Highlights

  • Exploring Lake Titicaca
  • Visit to the Floating Islands
  • Cultural Immersion and Learning Experience

Description

If you go to Puno, it's probably to visit the famous Lake Titicaca; the world's highest navigable lake. This tour is a fantastic way to see the lake and visit one of its most remarkable features, the unique floating islands. We'll start by picking you up from your hotel in Puno and heading to the port. Next, you'll climb on board a boat and sail on the lake for approximately one hour. Did you know that 60% of the lake is in Peru, but the other 40% is in Bolivia? You'll be able to sit back and admire the incredible views. Soon we'll reach the floating islands. These are small, man-made islands constructed by the Uru people from layers of cut totora; a thick, buoyant reed that grows abundantly in the shallows of the lake. The Uros harvest these reeds and continually add them to the surface of the islands. You'll have never seen anything like this before! You'll be able to find out more about how these islands are made and see the traditional way of life of the Uru people. After discovering these unique islands, we'll set sail back to the port of Puno and then we'll return to your hotel.

Includes

Hotel pick up and drop off. English and Spanish speaking guide. Return boat ride from the port in Puno to the Uros Islands. Entry fee to the main Uros Islands.

Easy cancellation

Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund

Directions

Book Nearby Accommodation

View Larger Map

Gallery

Book Now!

My Lists

Create New Guide

OR

Mini Guides
Arrow

Login to create your guides for Bolivia.

Add to My Guide

Create New Guide

Cancel

Cancel

Create & Share your own Guide to Bolivia with friends and family!

Add your recommended places to visit by browsing the website and pressing the icon.

Create your own guide of favourite 'must see' places

Earn your Local Expert badge by Sharing your guides with others

Get your guide seen by submitting it to the Mini Guides section

Lists

Mini Guides

We Are Part of the My Guide Network!

My Guide Bolivia is part of the global My Guide Network of Online & Mobile travel guides.

We are now in 120+ Destinations and Growing. If you are interested in becoming a local travel partner and would like to find out more then click for more info about our Website Business Opportunity.

Nearby Destinations

Events in Bolivia

Filter Events by Sub-Category

Please select a Date first.

Search for a company in Bolivia